Fiberglass is a versatile insulator manufactured from inorganic glass fibers bonded with a thermosetting resin. Fiberglass can be used in sandwich board, duct wrap, or pipe cover.
Inorganic glass fibers for a variety of applications. Common pipe and duct insulation.
A range of fiberglass products available to use allow for a wide variety of applications. They include
- 800 Series Spin-Glass™ – A fiberglass board insulation designed for commercial and industrial HVAC systems
- Microlite FSK Formandyde™ – free duct wrap – A foil-lined blanket insulation for the exterior of HVAC systems
- Micro-Lok™ – A pipe insulation for hot, cold, concealed or exposed piping systems
- Mico-Flex™ – A semi-rigid fiberglass blanket for large diameter pipes, ducts and vessels
- R-value at one inch thickness: 4.3-4.5 (800 Series Spin-Glass board)
- Generally easy to install
- Service temperatures vary by products, some rated for temperatures as high as 850 F
- Outdoor applications require weatherproof jacket